I’ve fallen a bit behind in this, but, as today seems to be the day to catch up with my blogging, I decided to post about the wonderful blogging awards I’ve received! I don’t want anyone to think I’m not grateful. I hope you’ll all indulge me as I do three at once!
On August 13th I received the “Fabulous Blog Ribbon” from the wonderful Elfcat. She says I’m anything but ditzy which is very kind! Thank you so much for reading! Do check her blog out. It’s full of insights, art around LA, and amusing photos/drawings. 😀
Rules for the Fabulous Blog Award
1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog.
2. Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
3. Name 5 things that you love.
4. Name 5 things you hate.
5. Pass the award to
5 3 deserving bloggers.(Three is the magic number here, folks!)
Five fabulous moments in my life: the day I learned to sew (I was five or six), my high school graduation party, going to London all by myself, getting a job after finishing college in the middle of recession, and marrying my best friend.
Five things I love: gardening, sewing, engaging books, a good cup of tea, and spending time with the people and animals I love.
Five things I hate: I could name things everyone hates – like pollution, poverty, disease, abuse, and close-minded people… but how about something more personalized? Little things I hate include dirty socks left on the floor, finding I’ve accidentally stepped on an insect or spider, how restaurants continue to include cheese in all their vegetarian dishes despite cheese not always being vegetarian, that my cats don’t all get along, and how easily my legs seem to bruise. lol
Three deserving bloggers:
- New World Witchery – This continues to be one of my most favorite blogs. Cory and Laine deliver some truly fascinating content. If you aren’t listening to their podcast you should be!
- The Rose Bell – This is one of the newer blogs I follow. It’s very fascinating. The author is very candid and honest. She’s always willing to answer questions. Definitely worth looking into!
- A Forest Door – The author also focuses on spirit work but what really caught my eye this week was her entry on harvesting food that the neighborhood was kind of…ignoring. Or rejecting. I love her thoughts! Take a look!
The next award was given to me by two people! On August 17th, Neferet from Stay for a Spell awarded me the Sunshine Award. Then on the 27th, Ayslyn’s Corner also gave me the award! I’m very grateful that you read my blog and think so highly of it!
The rules are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the ten questions below
tenthree fellow bloggers and leave comments on their blogs to let them know they have a new award!
Here are the questions with my answers:
- Who is your favorite philosopher? This is tricky for me to answer. I don’t feel like I have the best understanding of philosophy or philosophers. I don’t know if you would consider John Muir a philosopher, but his work inspires me.
- What is your favorite number? In case you haven’t noticed, it’s three.
- What is your favorite animal? I’m very much a cat person. Our personalities click. I also love ferrets and am spiritually drawn to deer.
- What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs? I’m increasingly selective of who I befriend on FB these days. It’s becoming overwhelming. My twitter link is to the right! Follow away!
- What is your favorite time of the day? I love late afternoon and evening. I’m most active then.
- What was your favorite vacation? Going to London ranks pretty high up on my list. It was to visit my first boyfriend and was the first trip I ever took all by myself. It was also the first time I went on a plane, went to another country other than Canada… I felt like an adult. It was really exciting. I loved going to Dublin last year with my husband. Unfortunately he was very sick for most of it, but I got to visit Newgrange which was so amazing. I also enjoyed going to Niagara Falls with my husband this past spring. We felt like kids again! We love to travel in general… I could go on…
- What is your favorite physical activity? Dancing!
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Tea! Preferably black or green sans sugar or cream.
- What is your favorite flower? I’m very fond of roses but I also love bleeding hearts, snap dragons, trout lilies, and dandelions.
- What is your passion? Indulging my creativity, increasing my knowledge, connecting to the Earth Mother, and living in better harmony with her and the Nature Spirits through my lifestyle and spirituality.
Three more wonderful blogs:
- The Liberated Way – Although we may occasionally disagree, the author is very friendly. His posts are always so refreshing and affirming. I look forward to his writing!
- Druid Life – Nimue Brown continues to inspire me. Her entries always give me something to think about.
- The Red Lass – I love reading The Red Lass’ blog, especially now that she’s working to form a community just like I am! It is nice to have someone to talk to about it.
So there you have it! All caught up! Thanks again for the wonderful awards! I hope I continue to inspire you. 🙂