|Given to me by The Witch of Howling Creek|
Although some may think of this as just another blogging meme, I am delighted to receive this Versatile Blogger Award from the Witch of Howling Creek. It’s always nice to know someone enjoys reading my blog.
Here are the associated rules:
- Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading (I’m only going to do 3 because, like others have said, 15 seems like rather much. 3 is so much more Druidic, no?)
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award
Seven Things About Me:
1. When I was 7 or 8, I told my mother I wanted to be a witch when I grew up. I then turned my dresser into the typical Hollywood witch’s altar complete with plastic cauldron, rubber spiders, and vials of colored water. I really freaked my dad out that week… And I remember setting it all up then not really knowing what to do next…
2. I used to be Catholic. Went through the whole confirmation and everything… Shortly after that, I began to rebel.
3. My mother taught me how to sew when I was 5 or 6. My first creation was a pillow which I felt looked like the Earth. I was convinced it should go in a museum. Oh, how confident I was… lol
4. I met my husband at a Halloween party. I was dressed as a medieval maiden and he was a Rastafarian. We really didn’t talk to each other until a couple months later when he enrolled at my college.
5. We actually had our first date on Valentine’s Day. A couple years later, we would decide the holiday just wasn’t for us and we haven’t celebrated since.
6. I love to travel but don’t get to as often as I’d like. I’ve been to a few states on the East Coast. I live in Upstate NY but have never been to NYC (crazy, I know…). As far as foreign countries, I’ve been to a couple Canadian provinces, parts of England, Paris, and parts of Ireland.
7. I used to want to get away from my family – now I adore them and wish they would move closer to me.
Three Awesome Blogs I Recently Started to Follow:
- The Red Lass – A fellow seeker but also an herbalist! I’m interested in her natural beauty products and just ordered some makeup remover.
- Tairis Tales – This excellent blog, written by a Celtic Reconstructionist, shares lore from Celtic nations. There has been something new and informative every day!
- Stitch Witch Cottage – A fellow Pagan and artisan here! I adore her creations. Very inspiring!