As I recently posted, my stomping grounds are becoming increasingly winter-like. There is the promise of a short Indian Summer this week. I encourage you to make the most of it and enjoy the last bit of Autumn magic!
- Admire the leaves. Observe the changes and marvel at the magnificence of nature.
- Play in the laves! Rake them into piles and jump into them. Enjoy their earthy scent. Collect a few to press or rub with crayons. Try to identify them and add these to your nature journal.
- If you don’t have a nature journal – MAKE ONE! It’s a wonderful way to observe the magic that is all around you every day!
- Keep track of the wildlife around you. What birds are still around? Have the robins left yet? Have you seen any Canada geese flying south?
- Pick or buy some locally grown apples and bake them. Inhale their perfume as they cook… Drink their juice and spice it up! Warm cider will fill you with autumn’s spirit for sure!
- Visit the farmers’ market before it ends for the season. Observe what produce is available. Try and make more meals with the food that’s in season and really connect with the agricultural cycle. Thank the Earth Mother for her bounty. Thank the Nature Spirits before they nurture you. Envision the alchemy that occurs in your kitchen with each meal.
- Build an ancestral altar. Pray to your ancestors and meditate on death and transformation.
- Start to dream of the activities you can do during the dark half of the year. Create a mental list of crafts to create, recipes to cook, card or board games to play, and books to read.
- Preserve some food. This is something I want to try more of in the future.
( For My LJ Friends: http://adfcatprints.blogspot.com/ )
2 thoughts on “Magically Mundane Mondays – Enjoy Autumn!”
Indian summer, indeed! It's 70 degrees in Buffalo! We've yet to have any sort of snow, though.
It was that warm here in the Watertown / Fort Drum area. It felt great, but I'm sad to admit I wasn't outside very often… I really wish I went on a nature walk…
Comments are closed.